Things we noted during our annual pilgrimage to Brewgrass Festival in Asheville, North Carolina:
- There was good music but in the first five hours it was not bluegrass music.
- The Smoked Stack pint glass of hearty lunch goodness (photo below) was a major hit!
- There was a handy shuttle to and from downtown Asheville’s Pack Square to the festival site.
- The kettle corn was as addictive as ever.
- We were not impressed by the plastic mugs for sampling beers.
- A number of people wished they had a gun with them to shoot down the drones that flew over the event.
- This year, only craft breweries located within North Carolina or distributed within North Carolina were allowed to participate. This knocked out some well-loved favorites. And inquiring minds want to know why local brewery Wicked Weed didn’t show at the event.
- With fewer breweries and a much larger venue (more people attending), we spent far more time standing in line for 8 oz. pours than we had in previous years.